Professional Services Engineer
The Professional Services Engineer is responsible for assuring TIOBE customers achieve long term success with our market leading TICS Framework. Responsibilities will consist of both on-site and online engagements with leading top-tier software development groups throughout Europe. Occasional travel to other geographic regions including America and Asia may also be expected. Engagements are varied in profile, according to TIOBE and customer needs, however typically involve the following functional activities:
Technical solution enablement (70%)
Take complete responsibility for realizing hands-on technical tasks for our customers in the following areas:
- Deployment and integration of TICS tooling with customer’s build systems, IDEs, and processes
- Design and implementation of custom scripts to integrate the product into a specified workflow
- Identify, review and troubleshoot first line technical issues. Collaborate with TIOBE colleagues to resolve more complex issues.
- Document and communicate the established solution clearly and effectively
- Collaborate with colleagues and customers to transfer technical knowledge
End user engagement (20%)
Communicate with software engineers, architects and business stakeholders to explain the underlying principles and value of the implemented TICS solution:
- Assist customers in understanding and reviewing the impact of measurements obtained through the TQI methodology
- Helping customers to form strategies in order to address software quality issues and achieve high-quality software
- Creating and delivering concise and effective user-awareness material to educate customer’s team members on the exact details of the solution deployed for their environment
- Capturing and articulating best practices and experiences derived from other engagements to guide customers and achieve meaningful change
Custom solution design and development (10%)
Design and implement innovative solutions which go ‘above and beyond’ to enable a specific customer requirement. For example:
- Integration of third party static code analysis tools into the TICS Framework
- Creation of custom reporting, policies, or metrics to assist in measuring TQI
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or higher.
- Preferably 2-4 years experience in a professional and commercial software development company.
- Must have customer communication skills
- Must have experience working in a team setting.
- Must be able to perform under pressure
- Working knowledge of Windows is required, with Linux (Red Hat) preferred also.
- Must be experienced with Software Configuration Management processes and policies.
- Working experience on productions systems are a definite plus.
- Must have basic scripting skills such as PERL, PYTHON and SHELL scripting for Linux/UNIX.
- Programming skills (Java, C++) are pluses.
- Some experience with Source Control System such as Git, subversion
- Some experience with IDE tools such as Visual Studio, Eclipse
- Some experience with Build tools such as Make, Maven
- Must be willing to learn newer technologies as needed.
To apply for this position, send an email with your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.